Thursday, July 5, 2007

Independence Day

It was a pretty fun day for the Shumway family on the Fourth. I woke up while Rachel and Ty were still sleeping and thought I'd make some festive red biscuits. They were nice for a change. I then had to take off and help put together the hospital's float in the parade. Well, it's not really a float, but a dancing brigade, I guess. The group insisted on a routine using hospital bed pans. I thought it would be funny to have a trough full of yellow-colored water on the back of the truck, in which I'd dip my bed pan and throw the water on people. Idea didn't fly.

Ty was fun to have on the parade route, too. He came last year to walk with me, too. This time, he sat in the stroller and danced to the music being played for the Bed Pan Brigade. He had a lot of fun. The best part is he thought people were clapping for him, which, he loved. He clapped along with them.

After the parade, we went home, had lunch and took naps. We got up and went to our friends' home for a BBQ they'd invited us to. It was a lot of fun.

When 8 p.m. rolled around, we made our way to Grandma Seaman's house for some more fun. We hung out with her and Aunt Connie, who flew in from San Fransisco. Ty loved to hang out with them and really show off. He pushed a stroller around the neighborhood and had some home-made strawberry ice cream with Rachel and Grandma. We then lit off some fireworks, which Ty was also pretty impressed with.


5 comments:

Carrie and Tanner said...

Thanks to cyberspace we don't have to do anymore face-to-face communication. Welcome aboard.

Daron said...

You truly are the all-american family. An example to us all! May we not allow the MDGR's (Modern day gadianton robbers) to take the 4th of July away from us, thus going from the 3rd of July to the 5th of July and giving the 4th of July not a second thought.

Kendra Meyers said...

WHAT??!!! I didn't know you guys had a blog--I found the link on the Cook's blog. Wow, how exciting, now I can know what's going on in your exotic and mysterious lives in Cedar City. We miss you guys so much and still hope in vain that you'll move back. I loved looking at the adorable pics you posted and it looks like you had a great 4th.

Ashley said...

Hey guys! Nice to find you on blogland. We've linked you up so now we can check up on you guys all the time! I can't believe how big Ty is now. So fun.

Kendra Meyers said...

Okay, I think you're due for a new post. It's been nearly a month and I'm waiting eagerly for fresh pictures. :)